Fun Facts about Chatsworth House
The estate of Chatsworth was bought by Sir William Cavendish in 1549, from the Agard family. Soon after purchasing the land Sir William began building Chatsworth House. The building was completed by Bess of Hardwick, Sir William’s wife, after his death in 1557.
The Chatsworth estate covers more than 14,000 hectares (about 35,000 acres) of Derbyshire and Staffordshire.
The House and Garden together provide around 66 full time and 23 part time jobs.
The estate has its own fire brigade.
It is estimated that more than a million people use the estate in some way every year.
Chatsworth House is one of the most popular attractions in Derbyshire, and it is situated near Bakewell in the United Kingdom.